Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yule 2008: Full steam ahead

Well, we've finally swung into the holiday season this week. It started with a lights-viewing carriage ride on Wednesday night, during which the family photo below was taken (Jerry and Wilder looking like their usual handsome selves and me looking like I just pounded a six pack ... I didn't, for clarification).

Then Friday afternoon Wilder and I accompanied Carmen and Owen to the NorthPark Trains, this really incredible holiday deal the local mall does every year. 2,800 square feet, 2,500 feet of tracks, more than 40 trains cruising simultaneously around ... I tried to get some photos there, too, but catching the joy and astonishment of two 2-year-olds surrounded by an uncountable number of their favorite things in the world turned out to be quite a challenge. Mostly I got blur and the backs of heads.

Today we headed to Walls Family Farm for our tree, and I'll let the slide show embedded below speak for itself. Suffice to say we had a blast and it really lit up our holiday spirit, despite the 80-degree temperatures.

Now, if I could just get a few gifts bought and some sugary treats made. Next weekend maybe ...

Cheers, k.



No comments: