Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A violation of the open-door policy

Just now, Jerry had taken Wilder into the family room for a little downtime before he goes to sleep. I took the opportunity to change into something I could lounge around the house in, and then to pee. I closed the door.

Suddenly, the door swung open. There stood Wilder, an impish grin on his face, with one arm behind his back.

"Mama! I have to show you something!"

"OK, what is it?"

He pulled his popscicle out from behind and proudly displayed it. As if the orange goo around his mouth hadn't already given it away.

"Good?" I asked.

"Uh huh!" Long pause. ... "Mama, what you doing with this DOOR CLOSED????"

"Well, Wilder, believe it or not sometimes I actually shut the door when I have to pee."

Stares at me. "OK then. Pee." Closes door. Runs.

No comments: