Saturday, July 16, 2011

The new Casa de la Familia Scott


For those of you who are interested, here's a picture of our new house.

It doesn't show the inside, but it will eventually have white walls, gleaming hardwoods, kitchen cabinets painted with a nice modern and sophisticated color, and all my (eventually) mid-century modern furniture. It's not a MCM on the outside (hello columns!), but I will make it freaking kick-ass on the inside, little by little. Believe me, I've already been ALL OVER Etsy planning my purchases.

Check it out! How much does that cat mugshot rock? And those coffee tables ... WANT.

Also, note that the driveway is pretty much a full-size basketball court, so we will be mounting a basketball goal up above there as soon as we're able. And an aside to my brother Jay: "You. Me. H-O-R-S-E ... it's on!"

You can't really tell from the pictures, but the back yard is pretty awesome. It has a nice deck with a sun shade, a great patio for relaxing with a cold drink or having dinner al fresco (the sellers have even sold us their patio furniture), and a built-in grill for charcoal-fired dinners. We're hoping to move the pretty shed off to the side of the yard so we can set up soccer goals and such back there for the boys to go crazy with. Yep, that back yard is gonna kick some major ass six months out of the year.

1 comment:

Pop said...

Well, I was going to say something about the "woman of ill repute" now having a "house of ill repute", but guess I will keep my mouth shut. I do, however, want in one of those "H-O-R-S-E games one of these days.