Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gandhi and his damn motivational gibberish

Action expresses priorities.  —Mahatma Gandhi


Funny how three words can say so much. Succinct. Eloquent. Motivating. 

So I haven't been on here in awhile. Life got crazy. I got lazy. I hadn't done anything to make myself more of a bad-ass, and so silence it was. No typey typey on the keyboard, because there was nothing to report. Nothing to feel proud of. 

Then I read that quote above while I was sitting at my computer, on my butt, with virtually nothing else pressing to get done. For the record, I saw that quote on this video:  



I haven't embedded any html in awhile, so I hope you can see that thing above. And I hope you press play. But, be warned, it might tempt you to do something dumb like get off your out-of-shape, lazy worthless ass and go running. 

With a dog.

Whose only modes are:
"pull pull pull" 
"SQUIRREL!" 
"What's this? A tree to wrap myself around? Don't mind if I do!"
and
"Let me stop right in front of you so you have to stop on a dime to keep from busting your face open" (my personal favorite)

So, at any rate, Betty and I just went for a run. And a walk. There was probably slightly more of the latter, and my pace was embarrassing as hell, but I'm comforting myself by telling myself that it's infinitely faster than the pace of sitting on my butt. Also, the dog is splayed out on the floor panting acting like I just took her on a death march (bwwwaaaaahahahahaha) and I'm upright. Typing. Using my finger muscles.


So there. 


And all right, so fine, dammit. I'll get off my ass, Gandhi. Fine. 

Operation Be a Badass limps on ... sometimes literally. And you? Tell me about you? What are you doing to be more of a badass? Share, please — it inspires me.

 

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I just did Tae Bo. And I know it's the cheesiest workout ever, but it works for me. And it tones my arms while I get aggression out by kicking and punching the air. Also, I started swimming in January. Something I haven't done in probably 12 years. And it feels clumsy and sloppy and wonderful.

K said...

I love it, Maggie :-) I remember that bald guy who was all Tae Bo badass back in the day. He still around? I miss swimming. Nice when you have a pool 30 seconds from the couch!

Sherry said...

Any movement is an improvement.
-Me.

I counted the steps to my flat yesterday. There are 64 of them. It made me happy & sad. and then sleepy.

The Scotts said...

kick ass!

Jer

Mel said...

I've been sick! There's my excuse. Sick & a little bit lazy I guess. We need to find a serious way to kick more ass, or bad ass or whatever.