Monday, May 22, 2006

Wilder on Daycare: "It Rocks!"


There's our boy, all strapped in and ready to go to his first day of daycare. He did GREAT. He smiled, never gave two thoughts to his parents walking out the door, took right to Maria and Keisha, the infant room ladies and, according to his first report card, took two naps like a champ. As Maria reported: "He's a great baby; only cries when he's hungry!" Which is mostly true. Wilder did great and I knew he would. When I picked him up, he was sitting in a swing, smiling and pumping his arms like "this place is so cool!"

I, on the other hand, did exactly as I thought I would: TERRIBLE. I cried on the way out to the car and during the three blocks to the center. Recovered just long enough to get him inside and then promptly started to cry again. Keisha was a sweetheart and hugged me. They assured me they'd keep him alive. So I felt better. Then I got out to the car and cried all the way to work. You can see in the photo that, though Wilder is clearly quite untraumatized, I am ready to explode into tears at any moment.

But, now that his first day is over and he not only got through it unscathed but seems to dig it, I feel much better. Yay daycare!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

little heart breaker :(
this is just the beginning moma..enjoy him every day..every little memory always stays in your heart!
xoxoxo t

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»