Saturday, July 15, 2006

Big Week for Wilder

Well, let's start with the biggest news. Wilder started crawling yesterday. Now he's not fast or very graceful yet, but we do have actual forward momentum when on hands and knees. It's pretty cool, and we're hoping to start posting actual video here soon (thanks to Jynnette for helping me figure it out), so keep an eye out. He also is trying to pull himself up -- almost did that the same day he started crawling, which was yesterday. And he has "mama" and "dada" down very well now. It's also been one of those weeks when he just looks like he's grown a TON.

He might also have his TV debut tonight. We went to the sprayground today (see pics below), this awesome new place near our house that is exactly what it sounds like. There are jets and buckets and streams of watering coming out everywhere. It just opened about a month ago, and give Wilder's love of water, we thought we'd take our first trip out there today with my friend Judy, her grand-daughter Dylan and another friend's son, Spencer. Well, Wilder had a ball. At first he wasn't sure about it all -- he's used to pools of water and this stuff was squirting him -- but he quickly grew to love it and enthusiastically sprayed himself and me and anyone in the vicinity by sticking his hands into any jet he could find.

Near the end of our visit, a TV news cameraman showed up. He asked Judy if she'd be filmed, and she said "no way." I've been asked before to be interviewed for TV news, and I've always said no. I'm using to conducting interviews for my work, but put me on the other side of it and put a camera on me, and I act like I just fell off the turnip truck. But I REALLY wanter Wilder to be on TV. So, for the sake of my sweet adorable boy's small-screen debut, I submitted myself to an interview. I was about as inartiulate and dumb-sounding as I thought I'd be (not even sure what I babbled on about). So we'll find out tonight at 6 p.m. if we made the cut. Part of me is hoping no, because I'm sure I'll cringe to see myself on TV -- make-upless, showerless and looking like a drowned rat. But I'd LOVE to see Wilder on there. So we'll see ...

I have to run. We're having a poker party tonight and I've still got tons to do to get ready for it. Enjoy the new pics. And keep an eye out for video!!!

xoxo, k,j&w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»