Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sick sick blah blah

It's almost getting old, blogging about Wilder being sick again. I just doublechecked the calendar and we're going on six straight weeks of various illnesses. So anyway, I'll keep this short.

More chest and throat congestion. Both ears infected. Doc orders blood tests. Tests come back inconclusive. So to cover our bases we're on another 10 days of amoxicillin. Kid's miserable -- can't sleep unless mom sits on bed cradling him and mimics the motion of an airplane (quite a technique actually, and works pretty fast ... I can get him into a deep sleep this way in about 10 minutes). The good news is, if it's bacterial, there ought to be enough antiobotics in his system for the next couple of weeks that him getting sick again while we're in Tennessee are virtually nil.

The ONLY upside to this is that Wilder has shown that he actually craves the comfort of his mama, which in a way is really, really nice. I'd much rather him feel better, but there are times lately when the only thing that will make him happy and calm is sitting quietly in my arms. Every so often he'll look up into my eyes and give me this look that says, "You're still here with me, right? Oh good." Wow, what a feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»