Friday, August 25, 2006

Parents' Night Out

So Jerry and I have our first official overnight babysitter tonight: Judy. She works with me, and is much more than a babysitter. She's a good friend and as close to a Dallas-based grandma as Wilder has. She adores him, I'm pretty sure, and few people bring a smile to Wilder's face like she does.

Anyway, what this means for us of course is a night out with friends (though sadly it's a goodbye party for four of them that we're headed to) followed by a night at one of Dallas' cool boutique hotels, the Belmont, which is a Dilbeck-designed mid century modern little joint with a swanky bar and funky little rooms. I'm hoping we can somehow cram dinner, party, drink at bar and dip in pool all into this one tiny night. I'm sure that's unrealistic, but a temporarily kidless girl can dream, right?

I'm also planning to sleep in, but something tells me I'll pop out of bed at 7:15 a.m., saying, "Honey, let's go get Peanut. I miss him," while picturing this in my head:

No comments: