Monday, August 21, 2006

Swingtime


I tried to take a bunch of cool black and white photos of Wilder swinging in our front yard, and some of them turned out OK. But none of them do I like better than this one of Jer showing me a ripe cherry tomato from our garden with the kiddo swinging in the background, checking out what Papa's got in his hand. Though it looks like he's just sitting there, the swing was actually in motion, and I just love the way it turned out. And, for those of you who know him well, you can see he's got his signature kicked back posture: right ankle crossed over left. What's amazing is he was doing that in his ultrasound at 20-something weeks, and to this day if you see Wilder just sitting there, he's got his ankles crossed.
As an aside, this is the first year Jerry and I have been able to grow things in our garden, mostly because we moved its location from the shaded patch of crappy soil in our back yard to some cedar boxes we built on the side of the house in our driveway, where we control and soil content and the sun shines brightly a good portion of the day. I'm thinking we can still do better, but for us, a few ripened tomatoes are a victory over the Texas climate.
And, back to Wilder, the women at daycare tell me they have a little competition going on which baby will walk next. Wilder's up, with the general feeling being it'll happen by September 1st. We'll see ... I asked if they're usually right, and they tell me they are. So I guess we should be prepared for the scrambling to begin here soon.
Love to all,
kJ&W

No comments: