Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hey, What's Up With Wilder?

Just a quick update of what's going on with the kiddo:

1. Giving us the most reason for joy is that Wilder has now gone three solid weeks without being sick. Can we get a hallelujah?! Wanted to post the first week, but thought, 'Nah I'll just jinx us.' Thought same second week, but I think it might be safe now to say that either we've built up a little immunity or those other cootified baby flesh monkeys at his daycare stopped cramming their germs down my kid's throat. I know, I know: It's the former.

2. TEETH! We finally have them, as in plural. For weeks he had half a tooth at the bottom. Now the one next to it has not only broken through, but caught up, and there are two more at the top. And I think another one or two might not be far behind. I'm happy to report our little trooper has barely uttered a peep of displeasure. Big Strong Wilder!!

3. Walking!! As the post below attests to, the Wild Child is no longer content with crawling or baby-stepping to and from whatever he can grab ahold of. He wants to walk and he wants it bad. I'm almost positive by this time next week he'll have it almost mastered. I, on the other hand, will have mastered the delicate art of cracking open a cold one in relief each time his cute little head hits the pillow.

4. Hair. It's filling in and, in doing so, is getting increasingly BLONDER. I never doubted he was gonna be a little tow-head, but he might even veer toward the platinum range. Clearly, Jerry is stomping me in the battle of dominant gene poolage.

5. BIRTHDAY!! We cannot believe that Wilder's first birthday is around the corner. Seriously, when did our gelatinous little blob of wailing, pink-skinned baby turn into a smiling, giggling, kiss-blowing boy? It went too fast, but we're psyched about all the fun stuff going on, so I refuse to get misty-eyed about it (unless I'm cracking open a cold one ... tears and beers just go together, right Hank?). Anyway, we've slated his birthday party for Saturday, Oct. 21 (the next weekend will be devoted to Halloween -- man, I cannot even imagine how much more fun having Wilder around is gonna make Halloween, which is already one of my top three holidays). We'll post lots of pictures and video for those of you who can't make it!

That's pretty much all. I was going to lament how we can no longer patronize restaurants w/o feeling like we've brought along Baby Tarzan, but hey, what parent doesn't right?

Love to all,
K,J&W

No comments: