Wednesday, January 17, 2007

SNOW DAY!! (In Pictures)

So, with 1/4 inch of snow on the ground, more than 400 schools and businesses are closed in Dallas/Fort Worth today. Including Wilder's daycare. Which means I'm home, taking the morning shift, until Jerry relieves me after noon. This makes two snow days in one week. Which is all fun and good, and the kid is of course great to hang with on a snow day -- but there is this little matter called "work."

Wait ... work? I forgot what that is already.

Anyway, in an attempt to make snow day more interesting, I've been taking pictures. Trying to document what it means to spend a whole day with Tazmanian Wilder. I'll try to post more pics throughout the day. But then again, this might be the only batch I get around to. These do not, of course, document the many hugs, climbs and body slams (hard to focus the camera when those are happening) -- just what goes on inbetween.


Mama, look! ...


It SNOWED!! (And by the way, I just pooped my pants ...)


You don't think this diaper change is gonna be easy, do you Mama?


First, I'll take my socks off ...


Hey, give me that foot. I wanna chew on it.


Feet, feet, feet, feet ... wait, feet are boring.


I think I'll sit up while Mama wipes the poop off her hand.


Sitting is so 10 months old. I (grunt) think (ooph!) I'll try ... (fart)


STANDING!!!! Wait, why is Mama putting the camera down so fast?


Ooooh, pretty pictures! I wonder what "you ruin your eyesight" means ...


Ducks! DUCKS!!!


Pooh? Pooh? Are you in there?


Come out come out wherever you AAARRREEE!


Hi Pooh!


I sure do love you.


I wonder if this is edible?


I'll cook Mama some eggs and bacon. She'll love it!


But I don't WANNA be a lacrosse player!


Wait ... I think ...


I need ...


a nap.




ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...





Hey Mama! I'm awake now, and ready for four more straight hours of non-stop activity!!!




Nooo, look at the CAMERA Mom!




This Michael Jackson fella sure makes good dancin' music.



Hey, why you lying down Mama? You tired or something? Get up. Get up. Getupgetupgetup. Dance!



Mmmm, the letter W is yummy.




Mmmm, so are Ramen Noodles. Thanks Papa!

(At this point, there is a six-hour break in picture taking while Wilder's mom goes to work)



I know I smell good after my bath, Ulf, by geeeesh! Stop with the kisses.


Nice grip Mama!


Did I mention that I am a devilishly handsome young man? Yes, well ... I am.


Ahh, one more round of Sesame Street with Papa before bedtime. Nite nite!

And, with that, we close. We had a FANTASTIC snow day. Thanks for sharing parts of it with us!

Love to all, K, J & W

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lacross?? Hell if you're going to give the kid a weapon, at LEAST let it be a hockey stick. COME ON!!

(btw- you post that you like the comments...well you've opened the floodgates)