Tuesday, January 16, 2007

We Apologize For the Unscheduled Interruption ...

First, my apologies. Life has most decidedly gotten kind of crazy lately. I'll spare you the mind-numbingly boring details, but there just hasn't been much time to take pictures or write. I feel like I'm back at that point I was when Wilder was a newborn: I'm lucky to get a shower in. Only now I still have to go to work, shower or not. My lucky co-workers ...

We've had a spell of cold weather here lately. I realize my Colorado readers are thinking to themselves right now: Girl, your weak Texas butt doesn't know cold anymore. And they're right. I'm unbelievably thin-skinned now. But still, for Texas it's been damn cold. So we've had the opportunity to dress Wilder in a few more layers. He loves this, of course, and shows his love of scratchy wool and hats that cover his eyes and not being able to fully lay his arm down by his sides by showering us with crusty eyeballs and little peeps of (dis)pleasure.

Not much else to report. He's been remarkably healthy lately, and by noting this I've no doubt just induced a case of double pink-eye, strep throat and the chicken pox by next Tuesday. He's growing like crazy. Strangers never fail to comment on his size. I've heard comments lately that he's starting to look more like me. Poor little guy.

Speaking of comments, I just want to say thanks to those of you that visit regularly (or even unregularly) and leave comments. It means a lot to know you're reading and enjoying seeing Wilder grow up. And it encourages me to keep at this even during my busiest weeks. So, yep ... thanks.

Anyway, my pillow beckons. Some recent photos:


Look at me! I'm in LAYERS!


A typical late afternoon scene: watching the dogs play in the back yard.


Wilder hanging upside down, roughhousing with Papa. We do a lot of roughhousing lately. It brings us all great moments of pure bliss.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: