Thursday, April 12, 2007

A new obsession?

I was in here doing some blogging (see "Wilder's Favorites" at right) when I noticed Wilder, who'd been watching a little "Wow Wow Wubbzy" had gotten strangely quiet. I realized he'd left the room.

Where did I find him? Flat on his stomach on the floor in our bedroom, head turned, looking inquisitively under the bed for Nyet, or -- as my friend Brenda dubbed her, Princess Fraidy Cat. She's our GhostKitty, darting furtively around the house, avoiding Jerry and Wilder mostly (she likes girls and dogs).

Wilder has become fascinated with her. She's like his Own Personal Holy Grail of Toddlerhood. If he could just catch her (he never will), she might just reveal the secret of life. Or at least the secret to 24-hour sugar buzzes and trike rides.

No comments: