Monday, August 27, 2007

Proud Mama

 

Dallas schools started back up today, and even though we're not technically in "school" yet, I'm still going to call this Wilder's First Day of School picture. It was taken afterward, however. I wanted to get a picture of him today because of what his teacher, Myrtle, told me. About six new toddlers started today, and she declared "how proud" she was of Wilder, because he apparently spent the day helping the other new kids adjust. "When that baby comes," she said, "he's going to be a great big brother." From your lips to God's ears, Myrtle! Anyway, it made me very proud of him, too.

One more little story. We play this game where we point at ourselves and say "I", put our hands over our heart and say "love," then point at Papa or Betty or each other and yell "Papa!" or "You!" You get the point. He did that today while I was changing his diaper, just entertaining himself. "I ... ruv ..." he started. Lately, he loves to finish up with a rousing "PAPAAAAA!!!!" Today he started with "PA..." ... pause ... cocked his head at me, got a turd-eating grin on his face and yelled "MAMAAAAAA!!!!!"

*heart melts* Gee, thanks kid.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: