Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Report: Halloween 2007 is a success!

Well, we just returned from trick or treating with our friends and neighbors Carmen, Michael and their son, Owen. Wilder and Owen have become great friends and always have a rollicking good time together. Tonight was no exception, and they had the added bonus of ... SUGAR!

We went to a nearby street called Swiss Avenue where many of the homes go all out. The houses, by the way, are gorgeous and also gigantic and people with a lot more money than us live there. This apparently translates into good candy -- no crappy candy corn in sight. Woohoo! We're an anti-candy corn household.

Anyway, it was fun until it wasn't (for Wilder because he was tired and for us because it was uber-crowded) and when that happened we walked back to the car and came home. Jerry and Wilder are admiring Jerry's jack-o-lantern handiwork as I type (no hand stabbings this year, hallelujah, and yes, that did happen one year, meaning every Halloween since I sit quietly and pray while Jerry wields a knife). I'm going to go join them for the remainder of this, the greatest of holidays.

I leave you with photos. Wilder, if I do say so myself, was the cutest little pillager and plunderer I've ever seen.

Happy Halloween everyone!


Wilder and his best bud, Owen, all geared up for candycandycandy!


Arrgggggghhh


Trick or treating, Swiss Avenue style


Getting ready to go home, sticky faced and happy


Wee Wilder and Black Betty, the pregnant pirate (actually, I claimed I had scurvy)


Home with mug crammed with yums. Ahhhh what a good day.

No comments: