Sunday, November 04, 2007

We're on the market baby!

Finally. The house goes on the market tomorrow. Jerry and I did the final push on Friday and Saturday and worked our tails off. Every muscle in my body hurt last night, and I think I reactivated my pregnancy-related carpal tunnel (when I was pregnant with Wilder it got really painful). The house is clean -- not clean enough to eat off the floors or anything ... I don't even think that's possible in a nearly 60-year-old house. But clean enough. It should show well, particularly if we can keep the maintenance up. Nowadays, when I have a free moment, instead of stealing a few pages from a book or sitting on my butt dreaming about having a glass of wine (or five or six) come April, I clean. I wipe, sweep, pick up, groan, gather dog poop, grunt, fold clothes, do more laundry, rant, and chase a goop-covered toddler around raving my head off. "No no NO DON'T wipe your mouth on the couch .... ohhhh, crap."

Yep, good times ...

Still, it's nice to have a nice house again. Nice to live more deliberately and think more about our surroundings. I might even keep some of this up when we move. Then again, I'll have a newborn, a 2-year-old (who's becoming more "quintessential" in his twoness everday) and I'll still have a job. So, sometimes, I will still just sit on my butt and drink wine. I will have to -- cleaning does not save a person's sanity. Wine, on the other hand ...

So here are some pictures of the house. Say a little prayer or perform a little blessing that we sell quickly and don't get horribly insulted by low offers. After we've worked so hard, it would be WONDERFUL to sell quickly, find a nice cozy new home and be in the new place by Christmas. Not counting on it, but a girl can hope. Even when she's too tired to cross her fingers ...

And one more quick thing ... I was reading through year-old blog entries the other night. I don't know when it happened, but I've gotten horribly boring in my writing. I might as well tell you all about the weather. "Wilder is happy. We are good. Nothing's changed blah blah yadda yadda ... zzzzzzzzzzz." Sorry. I am nothing without my sarcasm and ascerbic wit, right? So I'm bringing it back. It's already been broughten.

Cheers friends ... k.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mel said...

It DOES look good Kris, I say with crossed fingers. Nice work! I will have a glass of wine for you tonight.

Not kidding: word verification says "bogry."

Sherry said...

Don't forget to bury a statue of St. Joseph upside-down facing the house in your front yard. Couldn't hurt!!

Place looks great - fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

The house looks awesome!!! No wonder you got an offer so quickly!