Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Night

Quick update here. Wilder had his 2-year doc appt. a couple weeks ago. He's 33 lbs. and 35 inches tall. Ninetieth percentile in both weight and height. A big boy! And speaking of big boy, he's still doing well with the new bed. Can't believe we dodged the bullet there. Whew.

Another first yesterday ... Wilder told me I was "pretty." Since I've been sick for a week, hadn't showered since the day before, didn't have a lick of make-up on, hadn't combed my hair and was experiencing another pregnancy-related breakout (I have a pimple ON MY EYELID), I have to assume he was highly influenced in his remarks by the blue bucket I was wearing as a hat. "Wilder, do you like my hat?" Sly smile. "Pretty." Perhaps his sense of sarcasm is more finely tuned that I've given him credit for.

We went to a nearby park with Betty late this afternoon while our Realtor did an open house. We had a ton of fun. Betty chased the ball and proved she's a great off-leash dog (finally ... my dog karma kicking in again); Wilder climbed the playground's rock wall and walked and wobbled his way across the balance beam. It was a beautiful night and tons of people/families were out grilling, playing volleyball, etc.

So now we're home and, as I mentioned, I've been sick a week. What started as a bit of chest congestion minus any sore throat or stuffy nose has turned into full-blown something. I can't speak above a whisper, cough constantly and feel generally like crapola. Going to the doc tomorrow ... thinking this is either bronchitis or maybe even a touch of pneumonia. Hope to be back in fighting form in time for slaving over a hot stove all day Thursday : )

Gonna go drink some tea and try to get a bit of voice back so Wilder and Jerry quit acting like it's vacation around here. Kidding ... ; )

Cheers, k.

No comments: