Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Humor: Making the hard times easier since ... well, forever ago

Sometimes I do things knowing that I'll forget I've done them, but also knowing that my future self will get a kick out of them when I discover them again. Yes, I crack myself up. If I didn't, l probably would have offed myself ages ago.

So I've gone from pumping twice a day at work to once a day. Soon I will go to no times a day because it's just TOO. DAMN. HARD. to keep up with it and still, you know, get the job done (Translation: Keep a job.). So it was with some degree of satisfaction that I went to my iCal today to delete the second pumping reminder I set up for myself every single day (the very fact that I should have to remind myself to empty my breasts of milk should tell you just how crazy my job gets sometimes — "hmmm, my boobs feel like they're in a vice grip and my shirt is a little damp down there ... what the? ohhh, I guess I shouldn't have zoned out on e-newsletters for the last three hours.")

So as I deleted the reminders, I got this message: "You have invited people to this event" ... and then something about how those people would be notified about the event no longer taking place. "Hmmm," I thought. "Now who would I have invited to join me while I'm the cow version of myself?" (Not that the whole office hasn't invited themselves in at one point or another to talk to me about, shudder, marketing or, you know, whether I've made the coffee yet or not.)

So who DID I invite to my pumping sessions? "My boobs."

Best laugh I've had today.

3 comments:

The Charli and Davis Show said...

Awesome!! I love it. The only thing that would make it better is if you had actually sent it out to a group of people. Like say, the office! HAHA
Miss you, Amy

Sherry said...

My GOD - I love you.

The Scotts said...

LOL.
yer weird like me babe. I love you.

Jer