Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Late summer stuff

Just a few shots from the last week or so. The pictures of the boys were taken this morning. It was such a cool morning that I had to put them in long-sleeve shirts. I love this time of year in Colorado when you can wear shorts and sandals with a nice warm shirt.

Not much going on. The boys continue to love their school and we're just enjoying being here. Betty and I get to take long hikes in the surrounding open space a few times a week and, as you can tell from the last photo in this post, if often wears her out. Her tongue length when panting is directly proportionate to the length of the hike and the temperature out. She's learning what it means to be a Colorado dog!

I anxiously await this weekend. We're packing up after Jer gets off work on Friday to head to Beulah, a little mountain town west (I think) of Pueblo. On Sunday or Saturday afternoon, we're borrowing our Beulah friends' Eurovan and taking the boys to Grand Sand Dunes National Park. I've never been, despite my many Colorado stints ... always nice to see things through the boys eyes, but particularly nice to see NEW things through their eyes. EuroVan camping AND the dunes ... I'm hoping for epic awesomeness!

xoxo. k.






2 comments:

aAmy said...

Your trip sounds incredible. Post pictures for those of us still not on Facebook!! Hah!
The boys look wonderful...and happy!
Sounds like Colorado is a perfect fit...
But we miss you all here!!!

Take care!

Sherry said...

I shouldn't be surprised at how cute those boys are since you & Jer are both so cute... but holy crap!! Big hugs all around... hate that I'm going to be back in Dallas soon & you guys won't be there. But sounds like Colorado is really treating you right. Much love