Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Last night, pigs flew & hell froze over

Wooooohooooooo!

That's the sound Jerry and I are making today after Wilder:
A) slept in yesterday until 10:30 a.m. A one-time occurrence, I'm sure, but that's OK because more importantly ...
B) he went to sleep in his crib last night with just 30 seconds of crying. (Still shaking head in disbelief as I write this.)

It was amazing. I still sat there for another half-hour with my stupid, trained motherly ears pricked to see if he'd start up again. But at some point I drifted off to sleep with what I'm quite sure was a huge smile because usually Wilder has to cry on and off for about two hours at least before he'll finally go meet the Sandman for the night.

Oh man oh man oh man ... that was so cool. Fingers crossed for a repeat performance tonight! (And I'm sure all our more experienced parental-type friends are sniggering to themselves right now in anticipation of my exhausted post tomorrow after W. spends half the night railing against the color of his sheets.)

No comments: