Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Because it can't all be fun & games ...

There seem to be entirely too many photos of Wilder looking happy on this blog. Sometimes, as this photo clearly illustrates, he is very NOT happy. And I decided today, after his fourth or fifth tantrum, that we needed photographic evidence of this so that, when he grows up and has children of his own, I can show him what karmic retribution really means. I didn't realize how early a parent could think to his or herself: "Someday, my little boy will grow up and have screaming children of his own." And oh, what a strangely pleasant little thought that is.

So, Dad, if you're reading this (or Mom, maybe Heaven has a little Cloud 9 Cyber Cafe?): I'm sorry. And I'm getting my come-uppance.

As an addendum: The second after the flash on this picture hit his face, he calmed down and began gazing lovingly into the lens. Stinker. Stinker stinker stinker. On the upside, he's now in there sleeping peacefully, having never restarted the tantrum. Or maybe he's not. I just know it's delightfully quiet in my house right now, and I'm sure as shoot not going to upset the delicate balance of our universe by going in there and checking on him.

PS: It just occurred to me that this photo does not at all display the full force of the holler-fest that was going on in that crib. Trust me ... 'twas not pretty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! can you add a movie clip from your digital camera? That would be a whole new kind of blog...

The Scotts said...

I've been trying to figure out if we can do that, but for right now I don't think so. That would be cool, though, huh? —k.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I was up all night last night with little Miss Madeline coughing up a storm. Maybe not the same as a tantrum, but the screaming and crying is probably similar.