Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ambulatin' Away

Watching Wilder crawl and walk for the first time was exciting, of course. But when both those things had been accomplished, I thought, "Well, that's that." Shows you how little I know ...

In the last couple of weeks, Wilder has really been testing the outer limits of what his body can do. I have a feeling it has something to do with the Betty Acquisition. Since we got her, we've been spending a lot more time outside, which means Wilder's had greater amounts of space to roam in. It's given him confidence. He's also seen how something his size, Betty, can run and jump and go nuts. I think she's inspired him.

Anyway, some of it's hilarious -- "Hey, I can walk backwards! Look at me! Walking backwards! Walk backwards some more! ... Oh, hey, there's the wall." And some of it's just scary. As in, I have no "inner-sense of self-preservation" scary. He tries to dive face first off the bed. Outside, he runs twoard the street full speed. Stairs and drop offs don't seem to scare him at all. So far, no major tear-inducing accidents. But I'm starting to realize our boy is a fearless, spill-taking thrill-seeker.

Uh. Oh.

And now for a photo. Seems Jerry couldn't resist the charms of Target when he bought Wilder this "My First Christmas" hat.

No comments: