Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Bye bye Pampers?

No, no ... we're not fully potty-trained yet. I actually have a confession. I'm a horrible person because I use disposable diapers. I didn't want to. I wanted to try cloth and make it work, but I just knew it wasn't going to be practical for us. I can barely remember to launder my own britches. Seriously.

Anyway, enough unloading of guilt. There are a few fellow mommies who read this blog so from time to time I try to write about things that make our mommy-lives easier or are just plain good ideas. And I think I've stumbled upon something really cool that I'm at least going to try.

It's called gDiapers. The website totes them as "a new, earth-friendly hybrid" diaper that's "not cloth, not disposable." The idea seems ingenius. And they're really cute to boot. I'm already picturing Wilder in the red Hawaiian print for our September trip to Kauai. My little surfer boy!

Anyway, I think I'm going to order some and see how they work for Wilder. Might be hard to transition at this point, but we're going to give it a try.

I'll write a review on this blog once I get a good feel for how gDiapers hold up against good 'ol Pampers.

2 comments:

Mel said...

We are so on the same page...I was working on a potty training draft just this morning that I started a month ago!!! I was also looking at some web pages that enhanced my already enormous diaper guilt (x4 you know). Aaaaagh!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving gDiapers a swing. PLease get in touch if you have any questions.

Cheers

Jason
dad/ CEO
gDiapers