Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Son of a Brisket!

I realized in a flash last night that my momhood is now complete.

I was cooking brisket (nope, that's not it ... wait for it ...) and some of the sauce splashed out onto my arm. It hurt. Now, in the past, any number of colorful expletives would have come out of my mouth. I have a legendary pottymouth. One of my old nannies use to joke that my kid's first words would rhyme with "brother-chucker." However, when the sauce hit my arm, Wilder was nearby. So what did I say?

"Ouchy. Ouchy."

[Hangs head in shame.]

Oh dear ...

3 comments:

Mel said...

There's no shame on you...good Mama!

Anonymous said...

Well! It's about time!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you have definately crossed into the next dimension, not a bad place though, huh? I have been around my nieces and nephew and have bit off the end of my tongue a couple of times, knowing that they did not need to learn "those words" from me; I would never hear the end of it from my sister.