Saturday, April 05, 2008

More blathering and five photos

Hunter had his two-week appointment yesterday. He now weighs 10 lbs, 1.5 oz (he gained 11 oz!) and he's grown 1/4 of an inch, now measuring 22.25 inches. Don't know where he's at percentile wise, but suffice to say he's a big, hungry kid. His pediatrician says he has two chins and four cheeks.

Teri (Jerry's mom) left today. We were so sad to see her go. She was a TREMENDOUS help both with the boys and around the house, and it was great having someone besides ourselves to talk with all week. We're hoping she'll visit again soon. I know Wilder grew very attached to her over the week, even if he never let her cut his hair (he's sporting the "Nick Nolte" again. Sigh.)

I'm here by myself next week ... will be interesting to see how that goes. I'm so much more mellow this time around, though, that I'm not freaking about it like I did with Wilder.

Jerry got the pool cleaned and shocked a couple days ago and today he and Wilder have been out there, mostly just splashing and wading. No full immersions yet. It's much to chilly still for that, but it sure was great to sit there rocking Hunter while I watched the guys play. Wilder is doing awesome with Hunter. He's accepted him as a full -fledged family member. He hates it when Hunter cries and will race to find Jerry or I, and searches desperately for a bink he can stick in the kiddo's mouth.


Chillin' with the boys


Gramma gives Wilder his bath and encourages splashing with abandon. Wilder thinks "best gramma ever!"


Could there be a surer sign that summer is approaching the Scott household than this?


What's up Spike?


Handsomest boys ever.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Drinking out of the hose pipe, wow, that brings back memories. Your more laid back than me Kris, I keep water bottles in the garage instead. :)