Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tapping my inner stage mother

So OK, yeah, I think my kid is cute enough to be cover material. Don't all mothers?

Anyway, I've entered Wilder in the Parents magazine cover model search contest for this year. You can view the gallery of photos I submitted here. After receiving my June issue and seeing that they were conducting the search, I thought, "What the hell!?" and decided we'd conduct an impromptu photo shoot. I don't really expect this to go anywhere, but it sure was fun taking his pictures for half an hour while he ran around looking for lizards and snails until finally the session ended in a run up the block, a tackling session in the grass and, ultimately, a kneecap injury (me, not him).

You can rate and view his photos every day from now until some date in June, and while I don't think it has any effect on the outcome of the search, I sure would love to see him ranked highly. Because, you know, he's cute as a button, no?

For the record, Hunter begged me to enter his handsome mug too, but the minimum age was six months old. So, we'll just have to post his most recent spectacularly gorgeous photo here:

Cheers! k.

No comments: