Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wilder Wilder quite contrary

Wilder is going through a bit of a phase the last few days. He's all "I don't wanna" and "I don't want to" and "No" and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "No no no no no."

So this morning, after talking to his father about Obama's presidency and what it means and how friggin' cool I think it is that not only did my candidate get elected, but that America voted in its first black president and how that makes me feel just the tiniest bit better about this world my kids have been born into (Hell to the YEAH America!), I looked at Wilder and said, "Come over here and give me a hug!"

"Nuh-uh," he says.

"You're contrary," I replied matter-of-factly.

"I not."

"Yes, you're contrary son."

"I NOT. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" (Yes, seven "nos" ... I counted.)

I love it when he proves my point for me.

No comments: