Monday, March 03, 2008

UPDATE: Hunter's arrival delayed!

Well, it looks like we're not going to have this boy on Friday after all. Long story short, I had a final ultrasound this past week and it turns out the placenta has moved and I no longer have previa of any degree. My doctor has never had this happen with a complete previa patient (and in fact the ultrasound was at my insistence just because I had an intuition). We went in to talk to him today about our options and, all things considered, he felt it was best that we give Hunter as much time as possible to make sure his lungs are fully developed.

Not having the previa any longer is of course a HUGE relief, and being given the chance to maybe (BIG maybe) not have to have a c-section is great. That said, we were quite excited about meeting our little boy this week, and of course this puts a wrench in the plans of lots of people who'd made plans to help us out, so there is a bit of letdown and guilt there. But, really, if it means that Hunter doesn't have to spend a minute of time in the NICU upon his arrival, it's all worth it.

So where do we go from here? Well, we're probably going to reschedule the c-section for sometime around 3/19-3/24. And then we'll hope and pray that I go into labor on my own sometime in the interim and be able to give birth w/o surgery. The sonogram revealed that he's already around 7 lbs. and the sono tech thinks he has LOTS of hair.

I will update here on the blog as we make further plans. Love to all!

No comments: