Monday, October 06, 2008

Oh balance where art thou?

There are 593 unread emails in my Gmail account.
There are 5-7 loads of laundry waiting for me to do.
There are a bunch of unpaid bills to my left.
There are dishes in the sink.
The front-yard bushes need to be trimmed.
I need to train for the Muddy Buddy.
I haven't picked up a book in two months.
I haven't bought one Halloween costume or 3rd birthday gift for Wilder.
I haven't sent out invitations for either the birthday party or the Halloween party.
I need a haircut.
I got a taste of what 8 hours of sleep feels like again and I want more, more, more.

Sigh ... self pity isn't really my style. But right now I just feel overwhelmed. And instead of addressing any of the above matters, I'm sitting here blogging and thinking about watching "How I Met Your Mother." Because I'd like just half an hour of mindless lack of responsibility today. No websites, no poopy butts, nobody climbing on my head, nobody crying when he's not cradled in my arms, no spreadsheets, no conference calls.

Yep, that's what I'm gonna do. Because Neil Patrick Harris makes me smile.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you ever need a free babysitter so you can take a break, we aren't that far down the road and the boys could have fun together.

Sherry said...

when I'm sad, I stop being sad & be awesome instead.

Cati Basile said...

<3