Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stupid light

Funny how death heightens everything. The smallest detail.

Today is the first day I've had some time to be alone. Really alone. I came home from dropping Wilder off at school, and I'm here by myself. Started listening to a song that Karen's husband, Eric, played for me last night. Such a pretty song — it's called "The Call," by Regina Spektor.

I sat listening to it, and was thinking about how Bree will get here tonight. Then, tomorrow, Sarah and Jess. In college, it was always the five of us: Karen, Bree, Sarah, Jess, me. I've had most of the best times of my life with these girls. I love them all so much.

I kind of lost it and had to lie down on the floor. I rolled over onto my back, and looked at this damn chandelier in my living room.



One light out.

I hate this.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so so sorry Kris. I am sorry to be shitty with condolences too. I'm so sorry. I will say that I love how you are still so close with your girlfriends from childhood. You are blessed that way you know.

Thinking of you. Hang in.
Love.

Deb said...

And even with one bulb out there's still the 5 lights together......

Love you

The Scotts said...

I hadn't seen this post. Not sure how I missed it.
by the way, there is a new bulb in that spot now. It's brighter than the rest.
love you woman.

J