Friday, February 13, 2009

Pre-nap post

The boys are down and I'm getting ready to take a little nap myself. But I had to put a couple things down before I forgot them.

On the way home from a Valentine's Day party at Wilder's old school (his teacher invited us to join them), we were playing Slug Bug (or Snug Bug as Wilder calls it). Wilder will sometimes point out non-VW cars and say things like Snug Bug Shiny or Snug Bug Stripey. I did the same today, and he hollers at me: "Those are CARS, mama, not Beetles." What are Beetles then, I asked? Without missing a beat, he says: "Beetles are bowls that can GET YOU!!"

Also, I realized today how nice it is to be told by your kids that they like you. I always knew that to be told "I love you" by my kids would make my heart skip a beat. But the simple statement of "I like you, Mama," can sure do wonders for your confidence as a mom, too.

No comments: