Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hunter Hunter Bo Bunter

As Aunt Cati's comment on my previous post made me realize, I referred to the Newb as Hunter without actually telling anyone that we'd decided to name the boy, well, Hunter.

So, here's the official announcement: Wilder's brother's name will be Hunter Nathaniel Scott.

One Wilder. One Hunter. We know this decision makes us look like those parents, — but in the end, we decided we don't care. As Jerry and I discussed, you can't name a boy Bob if his brother's name is Wilder. When he's 16, he's gonna undoubtedly ask: "Hey, why'd my brother get the chick magnet name and I got Bob???" 

Thanks to my sister Tara, who, when asked if giving our boys such names made us look like weirdo parents, responded: "No, I think it makes you look like people who chose cool names for your kids."

And to my friend Brenda (the former Miss Nanny B), who, when asked the same, said: "Kris, if you're gonna fly your freak flag, fly your freak flag high." (Say that five times fast!)

Good advice, no matter the question, I think. 

And finally, thanks to those who offered up numerous humorous suggestions for Wilder's little brother, including: Tamer, Milder and Wet. Good stuff, people, good stuff

3 comments:

Mel said...

I did not notice the name in the previous post, good catch Cati! I like it and I like the part about your freak flag! Funnnnnnny. After I read this post I walked outside and called my son Wilder...its a Wy thing.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that also in the last Post, figured I was just out of the loop! Ya know not in your circle kinda stuff!! Got to much going on in my own circle!

Cati Basile said...

I've decided when I have kids I'm coming to yall for names.. =)

(not for a long time, though. No worries.)